Friday, January 18, 2008

Our Awesome Creator

Recently I bought the computer game Sims 2. Basically it's a game where you make "people" and run and rule their lives. You can make them do whatever you want. Well, just imagine us as a bit like a Sim. There is a Creator of everything who can make us do whatever He wants. He completely rules our lives. While in Sims, I can wreck and destroy and mess up one of my character's lives, and often (accidentally) get things wrong, God NEVER messes things up, He NEVER gets things wrong, He rules our lives perfectly! In His gracious plan for human life, he doesn't wreck everyone's lives, He nurtures lives, He helps us to grow, He opens up more of His Word for us to understand. Even though He has the power to blow up the earth and cut off all human life (which is what we deserve) instead, He sent His only, beloved son to give us a chance for life. Wow! I'm very glad God is my Creator and not me!